GraceHill Cycling Group
Hello fellow cyclist
Below is a quick summary of the GraceHill Cycling Group. If, after having read through the summary, you want to be part of this cycling group, please enter your details in the form below the summary.
- All cyclists are welcome from training wheels to the racing snakes
There are a number of wonderful cycling parks around Durban, Giba Gorge, Holla Trails, EMBA Trails, Mount Edgecombe and Shongweni and then the ever popular wonderful beach front. All of these cater for all categories of riders.
- Having regular group rides, possibly one a month where everyone can participate and feel comfortable and meet afterwards for a cup of coffee, or three, and get to know one another
Other groups who ride regularly can meet at the different cycling parks and ride together
There are regular races that take place on Sundays, unfortunately but fellow cyclists can hook up and ride together.
- We intend to have a Group e-mail set up for regular communication and a WhatsApp group for week-end ride communications.
- We will be getting a special cycling kit for those cyclist interested. These will be made locally by Lessen, who specialise in Cycling Clothing. They will be branded with funky Gracehill colours. Pricing for these Cycling Shirts will be in the range of R370 incl Vat and Cycling Shorts R450 incl Vat. We will have a sample shortly for sizing.
- We will also be making a special sports shirt for those that would like to ride but do not want to go the full hog. Communication on orders will go out shortly.
- Our first big event will be the Amashova which takes place on Sunday 18th October and we would like to get as many cyclist as possible participating in this event. Fortunately Brad has given his full support for this event and has committed to doing the downhill run on his Pink Basket Wheeler. Important to note that entries close on the 18th September and distances are 35km, 65km and 105km from Pmb to Moses Mabhida. You will need to enter individual entries online.
- We encourage as many to ride this event as possible